April 7-13 2019 we are celebrating our volunteers & National Volunteer Week! April as a whole is Volunteer Month!
For many people, volunteering is a great way to give back to the community. This is especially true with underprivileged children in the foster care system, and underserved animals in shelters. Mike, the founders of Pawsitive Kidnections, speaks about his experience as a Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) volunteer, “There’s something special about giving back. Being around kids who are sharing unbelievable stories about what they’ve gone through, made me feel really grateful [for my situation] and made me want to contribute.”
Volunteering takes many shapes and forms. Perhaps you have a heart to help children, but don’t have time or the situation to become a foster parent. If so, consider volunteering for CASA or other similar organization.
Maybe you love animals but can’t adopt one yourself (or already have too many at home!) Then consider volunteering with our partner, the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region. So many opportunities are out there waiting for you!
Opportunities to Serve Kids
- Serve as a CASA mentor
- Help centers such as CASA with building maintenance and special projects
- Participate in the Champions for Children Golf Classic in June
- Provide support for the CASA Gala in November
- Volunteer as office staff
Ways to Help Dogs
- Become a shelter volunteer
- Serve as a foster care volunteer
Donate $25 today!
Your $25 donation goes directly into the funds bank for the Foster:Foster program that is partnered through Humane Society of the Pike Peak Region!
For Further Reading
- The Adoption Exchange https://www.adoptex.org/get-involved/volunteer/volunteer-in-colorado
- Pikes Peak Humane Society https://www.hsppr.org/